Re: [stella] Sync question and my game's bin

Subject: Re: [stella] Sync question and my game's bin
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 98 09:47:44 -0500
>Sprite0 = player
>Sprite1, reused, with varius NUSIZes = prizes (simple rectangular blocks,
obviously)
>Missile0 = first dot
>Ball = second dot
>Missile1 = probably useless in the kernel, because it's influenced by the
>prizes

Exactly as planned, excepting I was planning on using M0 and M1 for the
first two dots and the ball for a possible third OR some special effects
on some boards.  I didn't think about the possible problems with M1, but
I like challenges.  I'm interested in ideas on "killer dot AI".  I think
you'll like what I do with the rest.

>This won't be a beginner's kernel, but it shouldn't be impossible. Also, it
>would not be a bad idea to try to disassemble some game of this kind, like
>Miner 2049er.

Pshaw!!!  Ruins the fun!  Aside from some temporarily borrowed code from
Nick's "How to draw a playfield" (I'm taking the borrowed portion out
soon), this is going to be original work!

>Too bad I can't work on it now... :-/

Well, actually I hope you concentrate on your own original projects,
which i enjoy immensely.  I'll certainly see this one through to the end
though my time table isn't rushed.  If you get any ideas for especially
diabolical killer dots, however, _DO_ let me know ;) !!

>I'll have
>to play it on the Apple 2 emulator this weekend! ;)

Apple 2?!?  The _real_ version was on the C=64!  Everybody knows that! ;)

Thanks again for the help,

Ruffin Bailey