[stella] Imagic Tools

Subject: [stella] Imagic Tools
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 21:31:50 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 14 Mar 1998, Chris Cracknell wrote:
> Didn't somebody else here meantion having a professional 2600 sound
> designing program? (I think it was on a 2600 cart by Imagic).

I still have an EPROM board of an Imagic sound utility that was part of a
group of boards on loan from Bob Smith.

I will make sure I get that thing read before I return them, but since
there are no docs, it will require some reverse engineering to figure out.
It seemed, to me at least, to be more like SoundX on steroids rather than
a fully-fledged editor that can build code dynamically.

There were indeed tools developed by Imagic like a sprite editing program
for the Atari 800 but what happened to them, I don't know.  Foolishly, I
did not ask the Imagic guys when I had the chance but I could certainly
Email them again and ask them.