[stella] Re: Source Code (Eckhard's Suggestions)

Subject: [stella] Re: Source Code (Eckhard's Suggestions)
From: Garon Grainger <garon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 23:36:36 -0500
Eckhard,

Sorry for the late reply. I finally got around to trying your suggestions.
They worked great!

>The code, that I posted was meant to demonstrade some effects only
>and is pretty useless without the explaining mails, that I posted
>it with, since I didn't comment the source code that much.

That's why I have links back to the original post, so that anyone
interested can go back and follow the thread. I personally find all the
posted source, demonstrated effects etc. commented or not, extremely
useful. I need to find a good reference manual; until then at least it's
something to play with.

>But you can keep it on your webpage, if you want to.

Thanks!

>I checked your changes to my code to see, why it would not assemble
>with DASM. The problem seems to be the definition of variables.
--cut--
>In DASM the ORG also causes the ROM image to start at address $0080,
>which is not intended.

I discovered this but was unsure how to fix it. This was my main problem.
By fixing the variable definitions I was able to get all of the A65 code
converted to DASM.

All the code on the page now assembles fine under DASM with no visible
errors.
All of the files run on PCAE now except one, "Colour". All of those files
run on the VCS but three of them ("another", "crackers", and "playmod")
don't display correctly. (Well, not mentioning the two files, "matt" &
"robbie", which scroll on the VCS. I intend to try the scroll fix you
mentioned recently.)

Thanks also for your suggestions on the "say" & "trick" code.
I'm curious... is the "say" program saying, "The left hand is right again"?

Thanks again Eckhard!
garon