[stella] just wondering

Subject: [stella] just wondering
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 19:23:24 +1000
Being extremely new to the 2600 world, and knowing very little about the
hardware, I was mulling over how I'd have been using self-modifying code all
over the place were this a C64.  Then I got to wondering... if the cartridge
were, for example, CMOS-backed battery RAM... then...?
I'm asking if the ROM addresses could also be writeable, given a correct
cartridge?  I know I should figure this out myself, but asking is just so
much easier.
My current plans for speed, by the way, involve placing self-modifying code
in zero page to help me whizz the kernel along.  Yeah, I know space is
tight.  Just wondering if anyone has done this kind of thing.  Last time I
asked that, the answer was "oh... about 1000 people".
Cheers