Re: [stella] just wondering

Subject: Re: [stella] just wondering
From: Chris Wilkson <cwilkson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 13:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
> If you really want to push the VCS that far, you should start
> nagging Chris Wilkson to finish his mega cart. :-)
> It is supposed to provide 128kb of ROM and 32 kb of RAM,
> which can be switched in as 1kb banks. (RAM is only 512 byte,
> since half of the address space is used for write and half is
> used for read.) That should provide enough RAM for self-modifying
> code.

I dunno...I've heard some pretty bad things about this guy.  I've been told
he's lazy, and likes to make a lot of promises about items that will save
humanity, but in fact are only vaporware.  In fact, I think he likes the
romance involved...awesome machines that do your every bidding and the like.

All kidding aside, I'll pass along some of the latest "rumors"...

The 2600 debug board is complete and pretty much debugged.  I have access to
the video and both audio signals, the address and data busses, the 3 system
clocks, and various other signals.  This should make debugging the Megacart
a lot easier.  This weekend, I hope to get some code running in the bare bones
version.  But I need to get the lab organized first! :)

Wish me luck!

-Chris