RE: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)

Subject: RE: [stella] Formats (64K Flat Model??)
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 98 22:20:59 -0500
>I was toying with the idea of actually building a "souped up" A2600 with a
>6502 and say 4 or 8 K RAM. I haven;t gone very far with this idea, but it
>shouldn't be too hard to do...

Well, I'm going to quickly show I'm out of my element, but all this talk
about carts with RAM _AND_ ROM and fantasticly fast processors
piggy-backing their way on the back of an Atari 2600 leads me to a
question:

In a day where it takes 644K of RAM and PowerPC processors (often on
computers with 32+ megs of RAM) just to emulate 2600's, why aren't we
talking about making carts with megs of ROM or RAM, not just 4-64K?  Even
if cost is a reason, what _would_ something like a
one-meg-o'-ROM-I-dare-you-to-use-it-all cart cost to make (and does
anyone know how to make it)?

Thanks in advance for humoring me!

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo at cetlink.net