[stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 23:22:16 +1000
OK, as part of my first game, I decided I needed a 4 colour playfield.  This
is pretty much functional at the moment, but I'm working blind - relying on
a PC emulator to give me an idea of what things look like.
The attached demonstrates a 2 player 4 colour playfield pair (that's 7
effective colours total).  Thing is, it flickers like buggery.  I figure
this is because the frame rate of the emulator isn't synched with the frame
rate of my PC.  In any case, I'm including a binary in the hope that I can
get some feedback on actual hardware.
Firstly, everyone note the 4 colours!!  Wahooo
I'll include the source code for those interested.  Please note, this is
under development and don't criticise things too harshly!  Especially don't
worry about optimisations at this point.  Functionality is my concern.
I'd like to know what the flicker is like on an actual 2600.
I'm concerned at my draw code - am I generating an acceptable frame?
Does the TV synch OK?

I'd really like some feedback.  If you think its interesting, say so.  If
you think it sucks, tell me why.  Positive response will encourage me to
continue sharing source - otherwise I'll go native.

Enjoy!

In case my attachments don't make it, you can always find the latest version
of this particular game at  http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/push/