Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 May 1998 13:02:20 -0700 (PDT)

Ah.  Y equalled 64 when we began this loop.  So this loop drew another 128
blank scanlines.  You've done 128+128+32 scanlines so far, which equals
288 scanlines.  Way too many. :)  If you put two INYs in the inner loop
instead of one, and remove the 32 blank lines at the top of the screen, it
should total 192 scanlines.
<<<

Hmm...  Choosing screen height.  These days it seems as if most TVs should
display a full 200 scanlines, or more.  I always thought Atari's 192
scanline limitations was too conservative.  I know there were other
systems that went with 200.  I would suggest that if a particular game
could take advantage of the extra 8 lines, by all means use it.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page http://www.primenet.com/~krishna                ==