[stella] Utility announce! PCX to VCS

Subject: [stella] Utility announce! PCX to VCS
From: Chrissalo <Chrissalo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:44:54 EDT
Hi!

Since I'll perhaps try my skills on a VCS 2600 too...
And I think the playfields are really weird to draw...

Yesterday I wrote a small utility that convert PCX files to ASM data files,
ready for use in 6502 ASM code.
(bit oriented, now colors supported for now)

It works allright for me, but I don't know what formats are needed.
It was hacked together in only a couple of hours and is based on a library I
wrote some time ago, therefor it IS a bit bloated.

The source and binary and examples can be downloaded at:

http://members.aol.com/wiup1/pcx2vcs.zip (480 Kb)

Chris

PS
Usage: pcx2vcs <infile> <outfile> [options]

-h Help
-H Help
-? Help

-1# number of indent spaces before DATA statement (8==default)

-2# number of indent spaces after DATA statement (3==default)

-b# number of background color (0==default)

-c enable comment at output file start (default==disabled)

-dSTRING data statement (default=="DB"/"DW")

-o# Outputmode (decimal number):
             : bit 7 set   == binary output (default)
             : bit 7 clear == hex output
             : bit 6 set   == word output
             : bit 6 clear == byte output (default)
             : bit 5 set   == upside down output (default)
             : bit 5 clear == correct output
             : bit 4 not used
             : bit 0-3 number of values per line (1==default)

-m# Playfield mode (decimal number):
             : 1           == PLAYFIELD_MIRROR (only 20 bit used 012012)
             : 2           == PLAYFIELD_MIRROR_MODE (playfields 012210)
             : 3 (default) == PLAYFIELD_DOUBLE_MODE (playfields 012012)

-nSTRING string for pre data name (default=="screen_pf")

-pSTRING string for post data name (default==":")