Re: [stella] watching the processor run

Subject: Re: [stella] watching the processor run
From: Chris Cracknell <crackers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 16:49:15 -0400 (EDT)
People think I'm crazy, playing my VCS.
But they give me all kinds of carts,
    when they clean up their garage mess.
When I say "STA HMOVE" they look at me kind of strange.
"What kind of weirdo would write a new 2600 game."

Now I hang out on STELLA, E-mailing everyday.
Piero Cavina gives me Atari advice designed to enlighten me.
When I tell him I'm having problem writing to the playfield wall.
"Don't you miss the WYSNC boy, count your cycles when you move the ball."

I'm just sitting here watching the processor run and run.
Making sure my VBLANK doesn't roll.
No longer writing to the Supercharger's RAM.
I just wrote to GP0.

People asking questions lost in confusion.
Well I tell them it's no problem, Bob Colbert's got the solution.
Well they shake their heads and look at me
    as if I've lost my mind.
They tell me, "Jim Nitchals just optimized my code
    to save CPU time."

I'm just sitting here watching the processor run and run.
Making sure my VBLANK doesn't roll.
No longer writing to the Supercharger's RAM.
I just wrote to GP0.
I just wrote to GP0.
I just wrote tooooooooo GP0.

Sorry guys I just had to... ;)

                                   CRACKERS
     (Sheeesh, isn't there some code I'm supposed to finish from hell!!!)

--

Accordionist - Wethifl Musician - Atari 2600 Collector | /\/\
*NEW CrAB URL* http://www.hwcn.org/~ad329/crab.html ***| \^^/