Re: [stella] Game project

Subject: Re: [stella] Game project
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 15:10:00 +0200
At 17:47 19.06.98 -0400, you wrote:

>Thanks for the info ! One thing I'm wondering about is if I'll have enough
>time left to draw Player 0 and player 1 on the same line ?

This question can't be answered in general. It depends on what
you want to display when where on the screen and how you want
to arange the data for it.

In general there are some cycles left per scanline. Also you
can replace the NOPs. Since the PFx registers get loaded at
the earliest possible time, you can insert your sprite display
code at the beginning of the scanline and shift the PFx load code
a couple of cycles away. Whether this is enough for your game or not,
I can't say without further information.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg