RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.

Subject: RE: [stella] A new version of an old assembler.
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 17:43:09 -0700

As far as I know, no.  There are dozens of copies of various versions of it
in FTP sites all over the net.  Some of those archives are genuinely old.

As far as improving DASM, other than support of undocumented instructions,
it's hard to think of anything, except possibly improving the handling of
source files that don't have an org statement.  Most assemblers (including
as6502) will assume that a file starts at zero if there's no org statement.
DASM prints an obscure message and quits.

John