Re: [stella] Distella --> DAsm problem

Subject: Re: [stella] Distella --> DAsm problem
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 18:02:04 +0200
At 18:55 21.08.98 -0000, you wrote:
>Thanks for the help.  And not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but
>(that might seem really really weird to someone not from the US, huh?  Or
>does it have international appeal?  ;)...

We say "Einem geschenkten Gaul schaut man nicht ins Maul." in Germany,
wich means exactly the same. :-)

>I did try to make a wav with Pitfall and had the dangest time.  I was
>using VirtualPC to run makewav in DOS via emulation, and then holding a
>tape recorder up to my speaker to tape the sound when Netscape played it
>so heavens only knows where the weakest link in that chain is.

Why do you insist on using a MAC, when you obviously have the mindset
of a PC user? ;-)

>At any rate, if someone could tell me why Matt's DAsm chewed this up and
>found errors with stuff like the word "the" in the comments, I'd really
>appreciate it.  When I do start spitting out more code to the list

I managed to compile it with DASM and tried it out on a real VCS.

The problems were:
Your email program seems to wrap the text at column 75, so that some
of the comments spill into the next line.

Labels and equates are case sensitive in DASM. Therefore '.word Start'
does not refer to the label START.

The fine movement is a bit strange on a real VCS, since you didn't
do the STA HMOVE right after a STA WSYNC. (Bradford has posted about
this phenomenon some time ago.)

As Erik has pointed out, there is is a STA WSYNC missing in the
LF0B2 loop, which leads to multible images on a real VCS.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg