Re: [stella] Eighteen Sprites?

Subject: Re: [stella] Eighteen Sprites?
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 11:24:00 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: stella@xxxxxxxxxxx <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, August 27, 1998 11:41 AM

>This does display 18 sprites on a real VCS, but unfortunately the
>spacings between the individual sprites is so bad, that I can't
>think of anything to use it for. I guess, that's why Galaxians
>only does 7 sprites with this method. :-)

Hmmm...  What if spacing isn't that important?  This variation of
multi-sprite trick has extra time in the display loop.  Do you think this
extra time could be used for a text display or score routine with more than
six digits?  Maybe the odd spacing could be compensated for in the font.
Different graphics for different positions...  Just wondering.

John