[stella] 18 extra lives

Subject: [stella] 18 extra lives
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 20:45:05 +0200
I couldn't resist and have turned the 18 sprites demo into
an 18 extra lives demo. On a real VCS this demo displays 18
sprites, which can be turned on and off with the joystick.

The sprites are hidden by putting the playfield and the ball
over them. The downside of this method is, that the sprites
can only be 5 pixels wide. The advantage is, that each sprite
could be turned on and off individualy. Also the routine allows
the sprites to be animated.

Both emulators have their difficulties with this demo.
PCAE does the spacing wrong, so that the hiding doesn't work
correctly. Stella07 does the spacing right, but displays 20
sprites instead of 18 and swallows the first line of graphics.
Also my real VCS seems to do a humming noise, that gets louder
the more sprites are displayed. The emulators don't do that. :-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg