[stella] Supercharger screens...

Subject: [stella] Supercharger screens...
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 11:04:21 -0500 (EST)
Hi!

Since I'm playing with Stella's Supercharger emulation I thought
I'd get everyone's input on something.  Currently, I have a very
simple "dummy" ROM that handles the SC ROM routines for startup
and multi-loads.  Basically, it clears memory, sets the bankswitching
mode and jumps to the start of the code.  What do you all think
about putting in code to "emulate" the starfield screens and the
progress bar screen?  This would give a little more of the
original Supercharger feel to the games.

One thing I'm concerned about is having the screen there even though
nothing is really happening :-)  However, I guess we could have it
so that if the user presses the joystick button it interrupts the
screen and jumps directly to the game.

If people think it's a good idea then is anyone interested in
writing the 2600 code to "emulate" these screens?  I would but
I'm way to busy at this time :-(

Later,
Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department