Re: [stella] Supercharger BIN format

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger BIN format
From: bwmott@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 08:32:17 -0500 (EST)
> I don't think any SC games reload all 6K in a multiload because at least
> some memory has to be preserved to store your score, inventory, etc...

I guess I was thinking they used the 2600's memory for that type of
storage.  I'm amazed that any of the multi-load games were working.  But I
have to admit the only one I did real testing on was Survival Island :-)

> I believe the header format can earmark which banks to overwrite and that
> it's quite flexible.
>
> For what it's worth, there is a description of SC memory management on the
> SC CD that includes a description of header information.

Using the information from Eckhard's post I was able to hack a new routine
to load the SC games.  It looks like this fixed the problem with Mindmaster
as well as problems with other SC games.  I couldn't find a single SC game
that wouldn't load and start running with Stella (including Sweat and the
Party Mix demo)!

I'm happy,
Brad

Bradford W. Mott (bwmott@xxxxxxx)          Computer Science Department