Re: [stella] Trick 18 sprite position

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick 18 sprite position
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:52:39 +0100
At 19:16 20.01.99 -0500, you wrote:

>  9 27 34 43 50 59 70 79 86 95 106 115 122 131 142 151 158
>
>As you can see I only get 17 sprites, however, one time I did end up
>with 18...
>
>So where does everyone else see these sprites?  If I change to a 4 pixel
>delay theory then I get the spacing listed above for trick18.bin under
>Stella.

I get the same results on all of my PAL VCSs. So far only John has
reported, that his classic VCS shows 18 sprites. His VCS JR. does
only 17 sprites too.

The 4 pixel theory seems to be right. If you look at the second version
of COLLIDE.TXT that John posted on the 14th, you can see which hits cause
which sprite combination on his classic and his JR VCS. I would suggest
that you emulate the behaviour of the JR. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg