Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?

Subject: Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:15:12 +0100
At 00:26 10.02.99 -0500, you wrote:

>Is there anyway to create hi-lo 1 bit squarewave audio ouput
>with CPU control over the duration of the hi and lo states?

If you set the AUDCx register to 0 or 11, the output will
always be high. You can generate complex waves by quickly
changing the AUDVx register for that voice. I have posted
some example code for this shortly after the list has started.
You can find it in the archive or on Garon's site.

You will need a real VCS to try it out, since the changes to
AUDVx happen every couple of scanlines and the emulators are
frame-synced not line-synced.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg