Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist

Subject: Re: [stella] Poll: Developer Wishlist
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:46:27 +0100
At 00:04 10.02.99 -0500, you wrote:

>Without commiting myself to anything (hehe), how popular/useful would a
>java based tool be for you?

Since Java programs require a slow and bulky interpreter to run,
I'd prefer native executables. Unless you want to send me a much
faster computer for free of course. ;-)

>Tool:
>      All-around graphic design--->hex--->binary editor
>      (more than a text editor, less than a TIA emulator)

Some time ago I did a tool that converts PCX graphics to
sprite data for the assembler. And Chris Salomon did a tool
that does the same for playfield graphics. I like both of them
and find them quite usefull, but neither did spark any interest
here. So your tool probably has to offer much more functionality
to be usefull for anyone around here.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg