Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?

Subject: Re: [stella] One Bit Sound?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:57:20 -0500 (EST)
> Sorry, I've bin posting nonsense again. Of course this method will not

Yeah...me too.  The way the 2600 is set up, you'll get a total of 31 possible
values, assuming that the transistors are well matched.  This is one value
short of 5 bits.  Note that these values aren't quite linear.  I forget which
way the curve goes, but I do remember seeing it on my o'scope a couple of
years ago...

Glenn,

Every once in a while you mention the DPC chip in Pitfall II.  Did you ever
manage to snag docs for that beastie?  If so, or if someone is willing to
document *in detail* the way it works (Bradford??) I'd like to try my hand
at recreating it.  First in discrete logic, but finally in VLSI...a direct
implementation in silicon.  I don't know that it would be useful, but it
might be fun to try.

Also, does anyone know of a source for this chip?  Who made it?  Who sells it?
What's the official part number?  Etc...

-Chris