RE: [stella] One Bit Sound?

Subject: RE: [stella] One Bit Sound?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:48:43 -0500 (EST)
> I don't know what is in Pitfall II, but I do know that the 7800 Ballblazer
> cart has the Atari POKEY chip wired inside.
>
> --Blaze

The Pitfall II chip was designed (by David Crane?) to be a general
purpose "helper" chip.  Not really a coprocessor, but it's getting
there.  Unfortuantely, it only saw action in Pitfall II.

Regarding the POKEY chip...I knew that at least one of them (7800 games)
had a pokey on board.  I'd also be interested in getting datasheets for
that little marvel :)  Seems like I saw a technical document floating around
a couple of years ago, but I didn't snag it then, and I haven't seen it
for a while now....

-Chris