Re: [stella] IDEs, DASM and DPMI

Subject: Re: [stella] IDEs, DASM and DPMI
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 00:00:53 -0500 (EST)

> Any ideas, either on DASM or on a different adaptable IDE?

[For Win9x users...except for the vi stuff ;^)]

Try PFE.  I was able to get it to integrate DASM, PCAE, and Stella, IIRC.
There is a drop-down menu that the user can define the items on and when
I was working on 6502 this is what I used.  Just add an item for DASM and it
will assemble a .bin with the same name as the current file.  Given the ease
with which I was able to get this working, I'd guess that making WAVs and
playing them is just as easy.

I would dare say that UltraEdit can probably do the same thing along with
syntax highlighting and other things.

Another editor I hear is good is WinEdt, another commercial product.

Of course, I think you can do all of this from within vi editor too.  (I
had to plug my favorite editor...)  What could be better than writing code
for a primitive but powerful console on a primitive but powerful editor?
:^)

Links:
PFE Home page:  http://www.lancs.ac.uk/people/cpaap/pfe/
UltraEdit Home page:  http://www.idmcomp.com/products/index.html