Re: [stella] MacMakewav and Combat... a winning combo

Subject: Re: [stella] MacMakewav and Combat... a winning combo
From: Lord Spambraticus of Borg <lad-of-hell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:12:43 +1000
On Tue, 16 Mar 99 22:29:15 -0500 rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruffin Bailey) wrote:

>One quick question for Rob...  I apologize if this has happened before
>(this seems familiar), but I can't get MacDAsm to work without using the
>Commando interface.  When I just type DAsm -pafs spam.asm > spam.bin, I
>just get the help file outputted to the worksheet.  Even when I
>option-run DAsm through the Commando interface, I still get the help file
>if I go back up to that line that was outputted and hit enter.  Any ideas?

This brings up a probably more-pedantic-than-interesting item... how much does a
code-porter alter...  DASM betrays its amiga heritage with its nasty options
handling...  I did not rewrite [it's my intent to tread very lightly with
porting code of any kinds].  I have CVS access to DASM, and this is one thing I
want to fix once and for all, and "bring an end" to DASM revisions.

But the syntax for using dasm is strict, Ruffination Man....

dasm sourcefile options

So you *MUST* enter the command like this:

dasm source.asm -f 3 (or -f3) -o output.bin -s output.sym -l listing.lst [opts]
     ^^^^^^^^^^ *MUST* be first.  [remember when I had to modify the commando
resource to fix where the -f option was placed?]

Note: the help says this much, but you probably not-that-unreasonably assumed
you could juggle options and source filenames around.  This will be fixed for
all DASMs [I'll check-in the code to Matt's CVS tree, and then send the "final"
source distro around so the various platforms can have it [I have a very well
functioning Amiga emulator, but no Amiga compilers].

BTW, -p isn't a valid option.

>Anyhow, guess the scrolling's my bad though I'm still wondering about
>Okie (if it's switched to/from PAL, Okie just scrolls and different
>rates).  I suppose it's time to go back to crunching assembler.  More fun
>than javascript, I guess.  ;^)

Javascript, geez...  It sounds like the Ruffinator could use a little Arnie
Rotary Cannon action for his boss.

=R=