Re: [stella] Missiles and Ball

Subject: Re: [stella] Missiles and Ball
From: "Ruffin Bailey" <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:31:44 -0400
:>The absolute best example of using missiles as sprites is in Super
:>Challenge Football.
:
:Cool, any other examples?

Dang it, I wish I could remember the game, but there's the one where you're
shipwrecked and paddling to shore, watching out for sea-creatures and
picking food out of the waves.  In the background there's an island (the
island is in the name of the game, I think... wait, it's Survival Island,
straight off the Stella CD!) with smoke rising out of a volcano.  I think
they're using the ball at variable sizes to make the smoke.

I remember seeing it and thinking about how cool it was that we (Matt and I)
could look at games now-a-days and appreciate not only gameplay and general
effects, but now also appreciate the tricks and creativity behind the
programming.

Ruffin Bailey
Make 'em thar Atari 2600 games onna Mac.
http://members.aol.com/mactari