Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]

Subject: Re: [stella] Thinking... [nearly ot]
From: Colin_Hughes@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:04:36 +0100

The whole screen flashes white for a frame, and you get a hit when the beam
update hits the part of the screen that the gun is pointing at.
( If you have a light background you can sometimes get away without a flash )
Simply count cycles and scanlines to work out the position...

On the VCS you'd be better of with the flash option - as you don't need to
maintain a screen kernal for that frame - allowing better accuracy for the gun.

Colin.

Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 27/05/99 14:54:28

Please respond to stella@xxxxxxxxxxx