Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:58:18 +0200
>>I've been trying to track down
>>PCAE's author, or its source code...
>>I've given up entirely on Stella's
>>sources, as its keepers have the Club mentality honed to a polished artform.
>>I'm astonished so much energy goes into "reinventing the wheel" with VCS2600
>>emulators...  how many emulators are out there now, 4?  5?  I can see no
purpose
>>for it, unless each of these authors have the fantasy they can become
wealthy
>>selling emulators for a system that went extinct 15 years ago.

Sorry, I didn't get the original message, so I'm replying to this.

If you are really willing to port hand optimized PC assembler to the
MAC you might want to take a look at John Saeger's Z26 emulator. He
releases the source code for every new version and makes very good
progress in emulating the TIA.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg