Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage
From: Lord Spambraticus of Borg <satanus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 16:32:01 +1000
On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 05:30:27 GMT emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Erik Mooney) wrote:

>I took it into the PC Atari debugger and just interrupted it in the middle
>of the screen kernel.  Both NUSIZ values are 2, which is two copies far
>spacing; and the sprite positions are 44 and 60, 16 pixels apart.  So the
>sprites are P0 P1 P0 P1.  Also, if it matters, it moves the sprites back
>and forth with HMOVEs instead of RESPxs.

Is that debugging service provided with PCAE?  I've been trying to track down
PCAE's author, or its source code...  I've given up entirely on Stella's
sources, as its keepers have the Club mentality honed to a polished artform.
I'm astonished so much energy goes into "reinventing the wheel" with VCS2600
emulators...  how many emulators are out there now, 4?  5?  I can see no purpose
for it, unless each of these authors have the fantasy they can become wealthy
selling emulators for a system that went extinct 15 years ago.

*sigh*
=R=