[stella] RPG Design

Subject: [stella] RPG Design
From: "David Schweinsberg" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 22:05:35 +0100
Hi

If Glenn is on the ball you should also have the latest "RPG Development" in
which you can walk around a 32x32 world.

So, clearly this an Ultima style world, which is what I think of when I
think of RPG games.  This is the direction I want to carry it in - but a
question.  When people say they want an RPG for the 2600, what are they
asking for?  Ultima?  or Final Fantasy?  I'm asking this because Erik
commented that he couldn't get into the American style RPGs.  Is the
Japanese style now predominant?

Anyhow, what game elements to people want to see?  What would make it "fun
to play"?

Regards,
David Schweinsberg