Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.

Subject: Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.
From: slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Russ Perry Jr)
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 01:13:48 -0600
>I think I have mentioned this here before... but here it goes again.
>Anyone who has a Supercharger Demo unit can test the fact that data can be
>loaded throught the joystick port successfully. This is how the SC Deno unit
>works. It must initialize the joystick port by an initial "boot-up" string
>through the earphone jack. Once this is done the SC Demo unit continuely loads
>the demos through the joystick port. The earphone jack can be disconnected
>without affecting the demo. I want to dump the roms in my unit, however, given
>how rare these things are, I am nervous about reverse engineering it. Now, if
>someone has a spare...... :-)

Actually, Kevin Horton has mine right now, and can probably get ROM dumps
(Sean Kelly may already have them).  A polite email to Kevin might get him
to document what it does & how, perhaps.  I haven't asked for that yet, I'm
just hoping he can get mine working (I got mine a few years ago, but not in
working condition).

BTW, if anyone DOES reverse engineer those and can see a way to get it to
play off of CD via "conventional" means, we at CyberPuNKS would be very
interested to hear it, as it would add value to our Stella Gets A New
Brain re-release.

||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #105   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||