Re: [stella] What I've got so far

Subject: Re: [stella] What I've got so far
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 14:39:36 +0200
At 17:22 09.07.99 -0700, you wrote:
>LDA #$00
>STA $0000
>Which turns off the VSYNC and then I start working on the VBLANK area,
>right?  (Not to repeat everything gentlben wrote, I just want to make
>sure I have the logic right.)

This is pretty much correct. VSYNC lies in the zeropage though, therefore
a lda #$00/STA $00 will be smaller and faster and have the same results
as your code above.

>So VBLANK just sends out whatever color is in the background register
>at that time, huh?  Could come in very handy.

No, VBLANK turns the display off completely. When VBLANK is turned on,
the electrom beam will only produce black.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg