[stella] Color clocks

Subject: [stella] Color clocks
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:33:10 -0700 (PDT)
Like I said...you guys explain things clearer than the Stella
manual....
     I'm having some difficulty understanding the concept of "color
clocks."  As near as I can figure, a color clock is the segment of the
line the Atari draws out.  It takes each line and draws it in sections,
starting left and going right.  It reads a certain number of bits from
memory and draws it out, then reads the next set, and so on, and each
of these is called "clock counts."  This doesn't seem right to me,
though.  Can anyone help explain this to me?