Re: [stella] chip plot

Subject: Re: [stella] chip plot
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:11:18 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> It's a composite, but I think it's still on film if it's the same one I saw
> at the shoot.

This is good.  How wide are the lines in the mask?  A good photo house
might be able to reduce it for you.  But not every house a 5 foot
enlarger/reducer. ;)

A coworker suggested a hand scanner.  That won't work for obvious reasons.
But...if you mounted the scanner in an XY plotter, that'd keep the individual
scans aligned properly to produce parallel strips.  Once you have the entire
chip scanned (with generous overlapping of individual strips) you could glue
the whole thing into one (rather huge) file.

Is the image color, monochrome, or grayscale?

-Chris

PS.  If you go to Kinkos (or your local copy shop) they can do legal size
(8.5" x 14") in color, or 36" x any length for B&W images.  If you can
tile the images on a flatbed scanner for me, I can glue them together as
long as you provide indexing and a few inches of overlap.  Or, if the
sheet is less than 3 ft. wide, you can just scan the whole thing in one
piece!