Re: [stella] Intellivision Lives to release M Player games

Subject: Re: [stella] Intellivision Lives to release M Player games
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 13:34:03 -0400
At 09:56 AM 7/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>This is the joint CD that they are planning with us.  It would have the
>M-Network and Starpath catalog on it.
>
>There is also a sword fighting M-network prototype and maybe some others.
>
>I hope this goes through...

Is that what they mean by non-Mattel?
>No release date has been set yet since we are still in negotiations to add
>some **non-Mattel** games to the CDROM. Once those talks are settled we'll be
>able to determine a release date.
[**'s mine, of course]

Best of luck with that, and bring me High Seas!

Actually, Piero, I spent more time reading about Sea Battle than playing.
Sea Battle was described with tips in a book I had called _How to Play Home
Video Games_ or something like that (paperback with a green cover), but I
never owned an Intellivision (until now).  I read the Sea Battle chapter
over and over, getting really excited about the number of different boats
and their unique capabilities.  That and the playing tips had me absolutely
in love with the game.

My cousins had an Intellivision, and I played a touch of Sea Battle on
their system, but even now I can't find people to play against.  Maybe if
the Intellivision Lives guys add a NetSprockets patch to the Mac version,
we could have some cross-continent battles!  And maybe if the MacStella
code was released, we could add NetSprocket support and play High Seas!  ;^)

Ruffin Bailey          |  Write Atari 2600 games on your Mac!!!
rufbo at bellsouth.net |  http://members.aol.com/mactari
Game Articles author at http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/games