Re: [stella] keyboard controller nitpick

Subject: Re: [stella] keyboard controller nitpick
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 16:30:22 -0700
At 12:51 PM 7/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>grrrrrrr...i think we need a new stella document.
>although the current stella document was nicely
>written there are just too many things about the 2600
>that the document leaves for interpretation or omits.
>i guess this is because its 20 years out of date :)
>i think someone oughta write a better one with fewer
>errors and more indepth analysis of the many quirks the
>2600 has...

There has been talk in the past about creating a "modern" 2600 technical
reference.

Actually, the way it's working out, it looks like Volume 3 of Stella at 20
will be Joe Decuir doing a voiceover walk through of the 2600 archetecture.
 Essentially a video equivalent of the programming guide.  When the time
comes to get that video going, I'd be interested in having some of the
people from Stellalist explain some more advanced techniques: sprite
sharing, playfield bitmaps, Supercharger RAM and multiloads, Trick18, using
missles as standins for sprites, Sprite positioning quirks, reading
nonstandard controllers (i.e. Amiga mouse), etc...