Re: [stella] Pal SI doesn't work

Subject: Re: [stella] Pal SI doesn't work
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:53:14 +0200
At 18:01 09.07.99 -0700, you wrote:
>So I'm pretty sure we need to hack the multiload bytes.  I don't really
>have a good hex editor that gives me location in the file.  I'm hoping Bob
>Colbert will fix these for us.

See my private email to you for working BINs of Survival Island.

>BTW, I just noticed the high schore table in Commie Mutans has a six-char
>on the right and then an extra digit on the left.  How is that done???

Basically they put the players with 3 copies close spacing near the right
border of the screen. In the horizontal blank they set player one to
3 copies medium spacing which would have the third copy to appear on
the very left side of the screen. After this copy has been displayed,
they change player1 back to 3 copies close spacing and proceed to do the
usual 6 digit score display routine. They are using SC-RAM to gain enough
cycles to allow the 7th digit trick.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg