Re: [stella] A couple of questions

Subject: Re: [stella] A couple of questions
From: jvmatthe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 20:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
> I will be acquiring an Atari 7800 and expect to be loving Food Fight.
> But a question occurs to me.  Supposedly, Robot Tank, Decathalon, the
> Supercharger, and a couple of other games for the 2600 won't run on the
> 7800.  Did anybody determine what it was in the program design that
> made this happen?  Have any homebrew games run into this problem?

This is not true of all 7800s.  Of all the 7800s I've dealt with, I've
never had these problems.  Others have different experiences, but you
could very well not have any problems.

There are some games, like the Tigervision games, that have problems on
a 7800 for physical reasons (i.e. the cart doesn't fit well in the slot
because of the "prongs") but this can be got around if you use one of
the RGA multiple cart selector devices.

matt