Re: [stella] An exercise in minimalism...

Subject: Re: [stella] An exercise in minimalism...
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 15:56:14 -0700
At 04:52 PM 9/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
Your idea could be fun to do.  Has anyone on the list ever tried doing the
poly graphics similar to river raid?  I know we had a thread, probably a
year ago, on wether or not river raid's levels were stored, or generated,
but do people know how to actually draw that?

Those who watch Stella at 20: Volume 2 will know that Carol Shaw tried to explain how it was done, but in very generic terms. I do not suggest copying River Raid as much as using the idea of poly counters representing a world.

You might be able to, for instance, have it represent notes and have a very long nonrepeating song of random notes. Or you could have it represent sprite shapes and colors therefore have a zillion nonrepeating randomized brick bad guy shapes. There are ways to apply this data that are novel.

--Glenn

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/