RE: [stella] Atari Docs

Subject: RE: [stella] Atari Docs
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:42:53 -0800
> Someone with an OCR and some free time should convert them to Ascii. It's
> should be a quite easy job, as the only font used looks like Courier and
> the average quality is good. The 7800 docs are very interesting ("Kangaroo
> mode"?! :-).

Yes, I think this is a good idea.  Eckhard Stolberg has already done most of
the work for the Software Guide, but if anybody wants to volunteer for
either of the two other manuals, maybe I could post the original .GIF files
to OCR.  But the files are so small, maybe it would be easy to just type
them in.

But I'm not sure we were planning to release a pure ASCII version of the
Software Guide right away since we came to the conclusion that some of the
diagrams are easier to draw in Corel Draw or something like that.  Maybe a
*smaller and faster* PDF is what we're planning.  But if somebody wanted to
volunteer to do ASCII versions of some of the diagrams that we are skipping
for now, that might also be nice and would make a pure text version
possible.

John