RE: [stella] 7800 programs -- potential problems?

Subject: RE: [stella] 7800 programs -- potential problems?
From: "John Saeger" <john@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:38:07 -0800
> sorry, stupid question:
>
> what _is_ PICKLOCK?`

PICKLOCK is a binary file that lets people write games for the Atari 7800.
The code was taken from an Atari dev kit, and includes startup vectors and
the correct checksum to pass the encryption test, but allows for people to
add their own code.  You can find a copy here:

http://members.xoom.com/atari_docs/homebrew/

BTW, it has come to my attention that the Harry Dodgson monitor cart, which
is a similar piece of code has a copyright that says copyright 1993 Harry
Dodgson.  So it's definitely different than PICKLOCK.  In fact it's
substantially different.  So Lance should have no problem telling who is
infringing on his ROM.  And I don't believe that would be people using
PICKLOCK.

John