Re: [stella] 7800 programs -- potential problems?

Subject: Re: [stella] 7800 programs -- potential problems?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:52:01 -0500 (EST)
> Kevin Horton wrote:
> > I call it the "ROMblaster" because it does just that- blasts the ROM in the
> > 7800 and temporarally over-powers it enough to get its reset vectors in
> > and totally bypass the 7800's ROM by overpowering it.
>
> I inquired about doing something similar in 12/98 and the
> feedback was "don't do it".  "Two devices outputting data
> on the bus at the same time would cause damage no matter
> how short of duration."
>
> So how does Kevin's proposal differ?  :-)

Well, he's KEVIN...  :)

I was probably one of the people who said "don't do it".  I stand by that.
Even for you, Kevin.  :P

Seriously, now...why go to all that trouble?  Why not just replace the rom
with a non-domestic chip?  I'm not as knowledgable about the 7800...is there
any reason that this is difficult, other than acquiring a European chip?

-Chris