Re: [stella] RAM carts?

Subject: Re: [stella] RAM carts?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:00:21 +0100
>> Yes, to add further comment to Eckhard's remarks. The plans are all on the
>> webpage I believe?!? John and I want to make a run of boards and probably

The plans for the 32KB RAM cart and the first version of the BIOS
and the PC transfer program are currently available on the webpage.
Advanced versions of all three parts will be available when we get
them to do what we want them to do. ;-)

>A quesiton though, the RAM in the cart is generically writeable then? (ie.
>it is wired as normal RAM, and a program running on it could use the RAM
>for it's general purpose?)

Yes, programs are running in RAM and can write to any address if they
want to. Also the PC to 7800 cable could be used for communication
between a 7800 game and a PC server program.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg