[stella] 7800 joystick adapter?

Subject: [stella] 7800 joystick adapter?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:25:07 +0100
I don't really like the controllers that Atari supplied for the
7800, so I was thinking of getting an adapter for joysticks for
other systems. All I was able to find were plans for Sega Genesis
controllers, but I don't have any of these. I do have some
Quickshot/Spectravision controllers that can be used for the Amstrad
CPC computers and I was wondering if it would be possible to
build an adapter for those.

My joysticks have a three way switch that lets you select between
Atari mode, Atari mode with auto fire and CPC mode. In CPC mode
the second joystick button connects the ground pin with what is
the 5V pin on the Atari. The rest of the joystick works just like
in Atari mode.

Thanks, Eckhard Stolberg