Re: [stella] Miniaturization

Subject: Re: [stella] Miniaturization
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:24:22 -0700
At 05:42 PM 4/17/00 +0200, you wrote:
The TV-boy type systems basically consist of a single chip VCS and
a large ROM for the games. If you ever find out who makes this chip
and how to order from them, you could save the design work for the FPGA.

Supposedly it's a Chinese design. What is the process behind reverse engineering a chip and cloning it this way? Hat's off to those guys for being able to do it.

I knew about the TV Boy but I never knew what's inside it or how much power it draws. I doubt it's as efficient as it could be.

But if we did track down the original TV Boy designers we might be able to convince them to build a TV Boy III with all these extra features. Of course, the pirated games are a liability, but I do have contacts at Hasbro Interactive that might be interested in taking a royalty cut, slapping their badge on it, and getting it onto the store shelves here to test-market.

I think it would probably review better than Game.com ;)

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/