Re: [Re: [stella] Hardware comparisons]

Subject: Re: [Re: [stella] Hardware comparisons]
From: Dan Iacovelli <dan-avc@xxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Apr 00 14:53:57 CDT
Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> At 07:32 AM 4/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >Hey guys,
> >
> >I have an idea.  Why don't we talk about a home video
> >gaming system known as the Atari 2600 since we are ON
> >STELLA LIST?
>
> I don't really mind it since Stellalist traffic is typically very
> light.  We need SOMETHING to talk about here, even if it's off topic.  I
> don't think threads like this should go on forever, but if we can at least
> redirect it back on topic or find tangential connections to the 2600 (which

> I think we have with this thread) then it seems relevant enough for the
> list.  After all, this is a technical mailing list and this thread is a
> discussion of hardware design philosophy.
>
> But if more than a few people are not interested in this thread, then I'll
> call an end to it.
>

> Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
> Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
> Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

Glenn,
don't end this thread. it sounds interesting to me.
(I got makewav to work must have been hardware problem on my
side (pcae22 now gives me a runtime error 06))
anyway,
with all this talk about the add on (32x for the genisis and supercharger for
the 2600) it remined me of an article that appeared in Radio -electronics back
in '82-83(it was a three part article).
It was a project for building an atachement for the 2600 that will
let you copy your carts on to cassette tapes. I have the microfilm copy
of the article (although it's kind of sumged).
I was unable to build the project since the companies listed in the article
that carries the items that I need went out.
I was wondering if anybody else came across this article in the past
too. (the project also reads the data off the cassete too)
Dan Iacovelli