Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?

Subject: Re: [stella] What happened to "The Core"?
From: "ResQsoft /|\\" <resqsoft@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 05:59:07 -0700
"John K. Harvey" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> Sorry to bring up what may be a sore subject with many of you, but, does
> anyone have any idea what happened to the production of "The Core"?  I was
> too late (maybe for the better) to purchase a copy myself.  Did they ever
> get out?  If not, how long have people been waiting?
>
>         -John K. Harvey

Like a few others, I ordered a couple of copies ($25 each). When it became
obvious that Paul Oswood wasn't going to deliver I tried to follow through
with mail fraud charges. The USPS stated that since this was done throught
the internet it was out of their jurisdiction. I did send a letter to the
State Attourney's office here in Washington state but found too much red
tape, however,  they did state that internet fraud is a growing concern and
they gov't is still trying to find ways to police such actions. As a final
ditch, I did send a letter to the IRS telling them that this individual has
taken in income illegally and has probably not reported the income on his tax
return. I never heard back from them and I never expect to. I don't feel too
bad though. Out of the 100's of internet transactions I have done, this is
the only one that has ever gone bad. I do believe that Mr. Oswood had good
intentions initially, but found out that it was more effort than he was
willing to put out, at which point he should have refunded everyone their
money. Which is too bad, becuase the game concept seems original and uses the
driving controllers. I would like to see someone make a game like this. Any
takers...

Take care,
Lee
--

ResQsoft Research & Technology: <http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft>
Check out the Atari 2600 CD Compilation for play on your Supercharger:

"No Atari; no fun" <==> "Know Atari; know fun" /|\
"Save the Whales; Buy the whole set"
"On the other hand; you have different fingers"
"God, Please protect me from your followers."