Re: [stella] Cyberpunks Entertainment now accepts credit cards

Subject: Re: [stella] Cyberpunks Entertainment now accepts credit cards
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 13:55:11 -0700
At 03:26 AM 5/7/00 -0400, you wrote:
Erm, whyever not just use Paypal? www.paypal.com

I've thought about it, and I have a paypal account, but I wanted something more akin to a real eCommerce site, something I simply couldn't do through my Geocities account alone. Paypal doesn't promote products at all. It's just a payment solution. So people would have to already stumble on the Cyberpunks homepage, then go sign up with Paypal, figure out how much to pay me, pay, etc.... I'm part of two webrings and LinkExchange, but the Cyberpunks site only averages 50 hits a week.

With zShops I get to place the items in juxtaposition with other Amazon.com items on their site, so the products will get seen passively by those looking for similar relevant items (Joystick Nation, Phoenix, etc...). It leverages Amazon's order processing, and I'm assuming that more people have Amazon accounts than PayPal. Realistically speaking, I'm aware that I've pretty much sold to most of the die-hards already, so the best way to sell any more items is to be seen "by accident" by people going to more well-trafficked eCommerce sites like Amazon.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc -- "One World, One Web, One Program" - Microsoft Promotional Ad "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" - Adolf Hitler

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/