Re: [stella] Stella Programmer's Guide Overhaul Project

Subject: Re: [stella] Stella Programmer's Guide Overhaul Project
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 17:37:09 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 9:40 AM

> >> Missile Command's missiles are one of the players,
> >> cloned if necessary.  Two sets of missiles are drawn
> >> by flickering them on alternate frames.
> >
> >Do you mean the missiles you launch to intercept, or
> >the ones descending towards the cities, or both?
>
> Those are the incoming missiles.  The missiles you launch and their
> explosions are all drawn by the other player, flickering horribly - it
> alternates between _three_ different sprites with one hardware object.

Are you basing these statement on observation, or the source code?  It's
always looked to me like Missile Command used the players for the
explosions, and the missiles for the, uhh... missiles.  ;-)   It would
certainly make more sense that way.

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------