Re: [stella] rca

Subject: Re: [stella] rca
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 05:56:27 -0700 (PDT)
--- Timothy Farley <locke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This may be a dumb question, but it's 5:00 am, and
> I'll ask anyhow!

Actually, there's an Atari message board I check out
every once in a while, and you won't believe how often
this question comes up.  So this isn't a stupid
question at all.

> Is there a way to hook a 2600 up using RCA's? I
> remember that old slider bar
> deal, but my TV doesn't have that connection.

Well, Scooter, since I'm kind of pathetic with a
soldiering iron, here's what I do.  Hie yerself down
to Radio Shack and look in the TV connector section.
What you are looking for is an adapter with a female
RCA jack on one end and a male coax cable connector on
the other.  Next, you pick up one of those nice
switchboxes, a push-button type with female coax cable
connectors up and down.  (They have two input and
three input ones.  Because of my video games and
VCR's, I have four of the three input ones, one to act
as a master selector and the other three with the
different toys attached.)  Get home and connect the
adapter to whichever input you like, attach the cable
line to the other input, and then run a line from the
switchbox's output to your TV, VCR, whatever.  Connect
your Atari to the adapter on the back, and
bobsyeruncle.  Fun and merriment and the coolest house
in town.

> My mom had to clear some space in her house so she
> is sending me her old 2600 with 300+ games

Rub it in, why don't you?  ;-)

"There are no dumb questions.  There are dumb answers,
however."
     --Nate Shapiro
       "You Don't Know Jack"