[stella] 76 cycles

Subject: [stella] 76 cycles
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:24:20 -0700
I have a question about the 76 cycles available during the horizontal scanline. It appears as if this ignores the leftover right overscan area.

Is the horizontal blank (beam return) forced at that point or can the programmer allow the scanline to draw through the overscan or something?

Doesn't the background color do that (extend through right overscan) anyway?

I have overheard discussions of not calling WSYNC and using up all available processor time, so I was wondering whether that was time left during the active portion of the screen or after the 76 cycle mark in the overscan.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/